What You’ll Do as Marketing Manager
This is a pretty cool gig and we’re excited to expand our team! Given today’s need for WFH and social distancing, we’ll start this position remotely. Our team has excellent virtual collaboration tools, which we’ve been using internally and with our clients for years.
When the pandemic scare is over, this position will be on location at our beautiful South Main Memphis downtown office location. If you ever wanted to look out of your office’s window and see an inpsiring and historic relic, our office is it. We overlook the National Civil Rights Museum and the Lorraine Motel!
The responsibilities for our Digital Marketing Manager include all of the following:
- Manage client accounts to the expectation of excellent outcomes and customer service
- Write … a lot: blog posts, email campaigns, web content, pay-per-click ads, banner ads, client reports and updates, and other forms of writing for digital marketing
- Create, launch, and monitor SEM campaigns
- Implement search optimization strategies
- Direct marketing automation campaigns with a working knowledge of at least one previous platform (training will be provided for our in-house platform)
- Handle website content management for client websites with a working knowledge of at least one previous content-management system (WordPress preferred; training will be provided on our in-house platform)
- Retrieve, analyze, and present to clients various digital-marketing metrics from website, email, pay-per-click, and other campaigns
- Conduct basic image and video editing for tasks such as resizing, text overlays, and finalizing production-ready files (working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator preferred)
- Assist with video shoots and other productions (training provided)
- Be independently responsible for the project management of accounts and campaigns under your stewardship
- Use time-management skills wisely to achieve billable-hours goals
Who We Are Seeking
If you are:
- Proven in your experience with SEM, SEO, marketing automation, and website CMS
- Excellent with written communication
- Zealous in your delivery of customer service
- Independently motivated and self-regulated
- Resourceful and curious to find new answers and possibilities even before they’re requested
- Brave when new challenges or fast-paced change arise
- A continuous learner
- Amazing to be around
… we want to hear from you for this position.
While we have earmarked 3-5 years of past relevant experience for this position, what matters most is finding the right person to join us and grow as an individual while we all grow together as a team.
Working at Valeo Marketing
“Family” is an overused term when talking about workplace culture. We’ll tell you about our firm and let you decide if you want to call us your work family, your all-star team, or your best-self tribe.
No matter the label, we have each other’s backs and genuinely care about each other and our clients.
At Valeo, we work collaboratively, openly and honestly, and with immense pride in the difference we make for our clients. We take on challenges readily. We have the need for excellence coursing through our veins, through we understand the pursuit of perfection is the enemy of progress.
We strive to build the highest-performing trust-based team possible, working diligently together to foil any failure in the making.
What We Offer
At Valeo, our boutique-agency environment exudes a passion for client successes, positivity, and hard-earned fun.
- a competitive salary commensurate with experience
- a generous paid-leave policy
- a flexible work week to best facilitate your achievement of billable-hours goals and balance your personal interests
- performance-based bonuses
- financial contributions to an individual healthcare plan
Our Interview Process
Interviews will be conducted by Zoom video for the duration of the COVID-19 closures.
To be considered for this position, it’s important that you share your resume at the bottom of this page on our website: www.valeomarketing.com/marketing-manager.
This gets you into our system. (Please do not try to apply for the position only using LinkedIn.)
As you progress through the interview process, a skills-based interview and a cultural fit interview will take place. A background check and drug test are conducted on our top candidate in conjunction with our offer. (The offer is contingent on successful completion of both.)
We will strive to let each candidate who has entered our interview process know where they stand in the process, including a decision to not advance your application at any given time. (But please stay in touch so we can communicate about future openings!)
About Valeo Marketing
[vah-lay’-o] (Latin), v. to be powerful; to be effective; to prevail, succeed
Located just steps away from the Mighty Mississippi River in downtown Memphis’ thriving South Main neighborhood, we are a digital-marketing specialty shop working with both national and local clientele. Our client portfolio currently consists of nonprofit and educational organizations, restaurants, manufacturers, and real estate companies – and it is constantly evolving. Our boutique firm is 15 years old and it has been nothing short of a blast since the day we started.